Pregnancy is something which every woman enjoys and looks forward to. The feeling of being a mother is perhaps the most exciting feeling of a woman’s life. And this feeling starts to sink in properly when the time comes to buy maternity wear. The fact that a woman can look extremely beautiful in maternity clothes can be proved by just following a few guidelines like:
- No waist seams: Seams, if present, have a tendency to make the waist look very awkward especially when the stomach begins to grow. Hence seamless waits should be bought so that:
- o The stomach can grow into it and
- o The need to continuously buy clothes throughout the pregnancy is eliminated.
- Keep it simple: In an advanced stage of pregnancy, it is difficult to wear complicated clothes. Maternity clothes purchased should thus be simple to facilitate easy wear and also look good. The frequency of urination also increases during pregnancy and inability to remove the clothes quickly can put pressure on the uterus and bladder.
- Breathable fabrics: This pertains more to comfort during pregnancy rather than style. Wearing cotton fabrics makes one feel cool and comfortable as opposed silk, rayon and polyesters which makes a person sweat from heat.
- Elastic clothes for exercising: During pregnancy, wearing loose track suits or even large sized lycra and spandex can make one feel flexible and very much at ease during the neo natal exercises.
- No tight clothes: Buying tight maternity clothes is always a waste of investment since as the pregnancy progresses; the female body size also increases. Thus loose clothes need to be purchased so that the stomach can grow into it as pregnancy increases.
- Price matters: Maternity clothes can also be very expensive also since people stop wearing maternity clothes once they are no longer pregnant, it is better to either buy budgeted clothes or borrow clothes worn by other people known and related.
- Dark colours: Dark colours have a way of making the body seem slimmer. Wearing clothes of dark colours during pregnancy gives one the illusion of being smaller than one actually is.
Maternity clothes are fun to buy and can be made to look good when coupled with accessories like ladies watches, bracelets, neckpieces etc. They, however loose their utility after childbirth. Hence in order to ensure that they give value for money, they have to be used innovatively even after pregnancy.